With the increasing use of heavy equipment like Diesel Generators, turbines, transformers, gas compression sets and others, there is a huge rise in noise levels with them. Most of these equipment operate at very high noise levels that are not just annoying for ears but they can also damage our nerves. How to deal with such huge noise levels and how to ensure safety of people working around these and in the vicinity?
DG set Acoustic Enclosures are the best and specially designed solutions to control noise by muffling the high noise from DG sets and other large equipments. Before we get to know how Acoustic enclosures work, let’s get a better understanding of noise, noise measurement, different levels of noise, and other details to make informed decision before buying the acoustic enclosure and other noise control systems.
We hear the sound which is measured in a mechanical wave which results from a minute vibration in the medium as wave flows through the medium. The sound level is measured in db scale.
Mechanical noise comes from the mechanical vibration of varied moving components and parts of the machine. With lesser cylinders, smaller engines produce more vibration and noise for the size. Combustion noise comes from engine. It could cover cooling fan noise, exhaust noise, alternator noise, and induction noise that come from the engine because of combustion.
Acoustic generators are basically acoustic chambers which control or minimize noise that comes out of heavy equipment. These are designed well to muffle the noise to bearable decibel levels. For Soundproof acoustic enclosures, the acoustic material performs certain functions of sound absorption and insulation.
• Horizontal balancing machines which are used mostly in aerospace industry
• External condenser units as well as air source heat pumps connected to air conditioning systems
• Machine and Generator Noise Canopy
• Needle loom machines to make drumming noise
• Gas and diesel generators
• Control rooms and offices and soundproof observations
• Personnel noise shelters to ensure protection of staff in a noisy environment
• Test cells to ensure protection of engineers from the noise due to production line testing
Acoustic enclosures have sound absorption panels to keep noise buildup at bay and reverberation in buildings. They are also enclosed to the walls or hung from the ceiling.
• Improved productivity of staff with noise reduction.
• Modular built of enclosures are easy to install
• Enclosures are designed to provide custom noise reduction. SO, you can keep the desired level of sound to ensure proper working environment.
• Even though the enclosures are large, there is minimal maintenance required because of non-moving parts
• It also helps adhere to government norms based on noise control.
• Acoustic Panels/Barriers – Steel panels are used widely to enclose the equipments to ensure best acoustic performance.
• Acoustic Attenuates and Louvre – These are used to let in the airflow when offering varied amount of noise attenuation. These are planned to control noise flowing along the air passage.
• Isolation pads/mounts – To keep sound waves flowing through land and air, these enclosures are placed to insulators or concrete pads.
• Weatherproof enclosures – They are very durable and they are widely used in extreme rains, summer, and winter.
• Acoustic Doors – For manual entry to the enclosures for easy equipment maintenance.
• Acoustic Insulation – In the interiors, sound absorbing insulation is widely used for sound absorption and to keep them from going out.
Some of the cool features include double or single louvre service doors, solid acoustic performance, access panels, high performance exhaust air attenuators, acoustic panel doors, weather cowls and louvers. The features of air source heat pump enclosures are horizontal or vertical exhaust air attenuators. For manufacturing processes and monitoring production lines, acoustic windows provide visual access from noisy machinery at a safe distance.
Ecotone Acoustic Enclosures Manufacturers use outer steel shell to produce acoustic enclosures. The walls of enclosure have been insulated well with fire-resistant acoustic material. Here, each enclosure has side doors and window for panel viewing. The attenuators are made and tested to meet performance needs. Attenuator is a device which enables a lot of passage of air through it and controls the noise transmission. Air is forced between the splitters which are used to absorb the sound and control wavelength.